ORCHID HOUSEKEEPING LTD.
Revised: November *, 2020
How and when Orchid collects and uses personal information
1. Any personal information that is provided by you to us is collected, used, and disclosed in accordance with applicable laws. Personal information includes information about an identifiable individual such as name, age, and identifying information and identification numbers.
2. Orchid collects and uses personal information to manage and enhance the use of the Site and the type of information collected may vary depending on how the Site and Services are used or accessed. Orchid does not share any information provided by you with any third parties unrelated to the Site or Services, but may share information with third party partners who support and promote the Site and/or are in the business of the Services provided through the Site. Orchid, however, may share some limited information, with unrelated third parties as provided for herein. However, without Customer’s consent, such shared information will be aggregated or modified so that you will not be identified with such information.
3. Some of the Services may require registration with the Site. In those cases, as part of the registration, you may be required to provide personal information, including without limitation, things such as first and last name, address, e-mail address, birthdate, and phone number. Without providing some of the data requested, Customer may not be able to use the Services.
4. Orchid will use such personal information as follows: (a) to manage and enhance the use of the Site or the Services; and (b) with vendors, consultants, marketing partners, and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out the Services on our behalf.
5. Applicable laws may require that certain personal information is to be collected, and, in certain circumstances, shared with government authorities. Orchid will disclose personal information to government authorities in order to comply with applicable laws. Although Orchid endeavors to keep your information as private as possible, there are certain situations in which we may need to disclose such personal information. Therefore, we may also disclose personal information if: (a) it is required to comply with the law or a legal process; (b) there is a breach in Site security; (c) we believe it is necessary in order to protect the safety of you or others, as well as Orchid; or (d) you grant us permission to disclose such information. Any such release decisions may be made by us in our sole discretion.
6. We collect the following information about you:
(a) Information provided by you. You may enter information on the Site, Services or provide information to us by e-mail or any other way that would allow us to identify you or to contact you. For example, to register with Orchid, you need to enter your name, e-mail address, and other relevant information. Other types of information that we may collect directly from you on or through our Site or Services may include records and copies of your correspondence, if you contact us, your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes, and details of transactions you carry out through our Site and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Site or Services, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers), email address and phone number. We may also collect any personal information you provide when you contact us by e-mail or through the Site. We collect this information from you so that we may respond to your question, comment or other query. If you do not want us to collect this type of information, you can choose to not submit it to us.
(b) Information gathered electronically by us. When you use the Site to browse, read pages, or download information, the following information about your visit may be collected for the purpose of understanding the value of the Site to users by providing us with data on usage such as:
(i) date and time of your visit;
(ii) operating system used by the mobile user device;
(iii) IP address;
(iv) location of IP address;
(v) the pages that you visit; and
(vi) which links were clicked.
7. We do not collect or share individualized usage data. The information is collected and used only in aggregate form to help us understand how users use the Site, including to help us understand the number of users that access the Site, the pages that are most commonly viewed, and the number of users from Canada and elsewhere. We do not use the Site usage data to determine your identity unless required to do so as part of an internal investigation or other law enforcement purpose or as otherwise required by law.
Presence of Cookies to Collect Website Usage
8. A cookie is a small file stored on your computer by your web browser. Sessional cookies only work for the duration of your visit, and do not store personal information. Sessional cookies are used to help us understand how you move around the Site. Persistent cookies are stored on your electronic device until they expire (persistent cookies have an expiration date), and can track information such as your IP address. Persistent cookies are used to help us identify if you are a returning visitor, or if you are a new visitor to our site. This will allow us to provide a better user service and experience.
Disclosure of personal information by Orchid
10. As a general rule the personal information we collect from those who use our Site is held in strict confidence and, except in limited circumstances as permitted or required by law, and as disclosed in this Policy, is not disclosed to third parties without your consent, express or implied.
11. We may share your personal information with third parties where we have received your consent to do so or under limited circumstances specifically described at such time as personal information is collected from you.
12. We may provide third parties with aggregate statistics about our visitors, traffic patterns and related Site information. These data points reflect site-usage patterns gathered during visits to the Site each month, but they do not contain behavioral or identifying information about any individual user unless that user has given us permission to share that information. To help us determine the effectiveness of the Site, we may work with web analytics tools hosted by third parties who receive non-identifiable information from your browser, including the Site or the advertisement you came from, your IP address, your general geographic location, your browser and platform information, and the pages you view within the Site.
13. We may share your personal information with other Site users to complete transactions, to process data and to service you better. These users and their respective employees will only be provided with such personal information as is necessary to perform the services for which they have been contracted.
14. We may share your personal information with reputable organizations whose products or services we think you might find interesting. If you do not want us to share your personal information with other companies or organizations, please let us know by sending an e-mail to .
Retention of personal information
15. We will retain your information for as long as needed to provide you the Site, comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements. Except as provided for or required under applicable law or pursuant to this Policy, we will not share any personally identifiable information we receive from you with any parties outside of Orchid.
Children under the age of 13
16. We will retain your information for as long as needed to provide you the Site, comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements. Except as provided for or required under applicable law or pursuant to this Policy, we will not share any personally identifiable information we receive from you with any parties outside of Orchid.
17. Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any personal information to or on the Site. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on our Site or on or through any of its features, make any purchases through our Site, use any of the interactive or public comment features of our Site, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at .
Collection, use and disclosure of non-identifiable information
18. Orchid may collect and use non-identifiable information to assess the effectiveness of the Site content and traffic. This allows Orchid to improve the quality of the Site managed by it by streamlining visitors' ability to navigate the Site and developing featured programs and content that will be of interest to visitors. Aggregate non-identifiable information is used to perform statistical analyses of the collective characteristics and behaviour of individuals, and to measure demographics and interests.
19. Orchid may also use aggregate non-identifiable information it collects to inform its current and prospective sponsors and advertisers about the number of users of the Site, the demographic characteristics of these users and the number of times users have viewed and "clicked" on their advertisement(s). Orchid may also disclose to advertisers the overall demographics available regarding users who "clicked" on their advertisement. Aggregate non-identifiable information may be used to describe Orchid services and products to third parties such as prospective business partners and financial institutions. In any of these circumstances, only non-identifiable information in an aggregate form and not personal information is disclosed.
Web sites operated by third parties
20. Web sites and applications operated by Orchid may contain links to third party applications or web sites that may collect personal information. This Policy does not extend to the data collection, disclosure, use and retention practices of such third parties and Orchid does not assume any responsibility for the privacy practices, policies or actions of such third parties. Individuals should read the privacy policies of such third party applications and websites, and make an informed decision whether or not to use their applications or visit such websites and/or provide personal information to such third parties based upon their privacy practices and individual discretion.
Safeguarding personal information
21. Any personal information collected and held by Orchid is stored in third party confidential databases, within or outside Canada that is believed by Orchid to be secure and compliant with all applicable laws. Any information transmitted via the internet, however, may be intercepted by third parties, despite the use of encryption practices where appropriate. Orchid does not assume any liability for interception, alteration or misuse of information transmitted over the internet. Orchid employees are restricted from using and disclosing personal information collected by Orchid other than in accordance with this Policy.
22. The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Site and Services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of our Site like message boards, which any Site visitor can view.
Verifying and correcting personal information
23. Individuals have the right to access, verify and correct or amend all of their personal information collected by Orchid. Orchid believes that it is imperative that personal information be as accurate, complete and up to date as is necessary for the purposes for which it is collected. Accordingly, to help Orchid keep personal information as current as possible, Orchid encourages individuals to amend inaccuracies and make corrections to their personal information collected by Orchid as often as necessary. To access, verify and correct or amend personal information, please send an e-mail to the privacy officer at O r c h i d ( t h e “ P r i v a c y O f f i c e r ” ) a t , or review and change your personal information by logging into the Site and visiting your account profile page
24. We will provide access to your personal information, subject to exceptions set out in applicable privacy legislation. Examples of such exceptions include: (a) information protected by solicitor- client privilege; (b) information that is part of a formal dispute resolution process; (c) information that is about another individual that would reveal their personal information or confidential commercial information; and/or (d) information that is prohibitively expensive to provide.
How to File a Complaint
25. To file a complaint with Orchid concerning the collection, use and/ or disclosure of personal information, please send an e-mail to the Privacy Officer at Orchid at . All complaints will be investigated by the Privacy Officer. You will be notified of the outcome of the investigation of your complaint and you may be notified of any relevant steps taken or to be taken as a result of your complaint.
The choice to provide personal information or to receive certain information and promotional materials.
Comments and questions